Join the FinLocker Team
FinLocker is creating a revolutionary customer-centric company of talented, enthusiastic people who enjoy what they do and the team they do it with. Things move quickly at FinLocker and that means we have to be nimble. We look for people that love big challenges, welcome change and want to be part of an organization that is on the front line of how financial institutions interact with consumers. We keep sane working hours, while still taking care of business, and believe in being ourselves on and off the job.
Our Core Values
Client Value Creation
We believe to be successful, our customers must also be successful. We design processes, policies, and products from the customer’s point of view and measure what’s important to them. We earn customer trust and loyalty by consistently providing the highest quality and value. Although we pay attention to competitors, we obsess over our customers.
We strive for excellence in all that we do and believe each individual’s contribution is critical. We accept personal accountability to consistently achieve our revenue and profit goals. We act like owners, treat the company’s assets as our own and make decisions with the company’s long-term success in mind. We always act on behalf of the customer and the entire organization. We never say “that’s not my job.” We think “big” with a bias for action, passion, determination, perseverance, and the sense of urgency.
Invent and Simplify
We embrace ambiguity and expect innovation and invention from everyone. We are always striving to simplify – sounds simple, but it is hard work and requires discipline. We urge team members to keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and maximizing simplicity. We insist on the delivery of high-quality products, services, processes, and expect continuous improvement at every level of the organization.
Hire and Develop The Best
We establish bold visions and invest in our people. We look for people that exhibit passion to be the best, have a variety of strengths, as well as the experience and background that will set them up for success in their role. We raise the performance bar with new hires and recognize exceptional talent. We develop leaders and our leaders take their role seriously in coaching others. We believe when things go well, leaders share the credit; when things go poorly, leaders shoulder the responsibility.
Collaboration and Commitment
We value and care about each other, operate with a generosity of spirit, and have fun in the process of working together. We inspire, challenge, and support each other to be the best. We invite respectful challenges to decisions when team members disagree. We believe respectful communication and collaboration opens opportunities to create more value, while consensus narrows them to a compromise. Once a decision is made, we commit totally and execute.
Trust and respect for the individual is at the core of everything we do. We believe in the merits of diversity and embrace team members’ visible and invisible differences. We value the richness and variety of ideas and approaches that result from these differences.
Current Job Openings
QA EngineerAPPLY NOW
FinLocker QA Engineers ensure our products and services perform as designed. They are detail-oriented individuals who have a passion for ensuring code quality and are excellent communicators. The position includes building and maintaining automated tests and some manual testing.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain automated test suites using Selenium and C#
- Create detailed and comprehensive test plans and cases
- Estimate and coordinate quality testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, and document bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing process for new and existing products
- Work with internal teams to identify testing requirements
- Develop a deep expertise of the product
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Selenium and C# a plus
- Experience with source control tools
- Experience in requirements analysis, test plan development, test data and script development, test execution and defect reporting
- Working knowledge of .net/angular/Xamarin based software development processes and associated testing frameworks & automation methodologies
- Experience with Azure / DevOps a plus
UI/UX Product DesignerAPPLY NOW
FinLocker is on a mission to create financially fit homeowners and digitally empowered lenders. Through our FinLocker app, we provide the tools and transparency for a streamlined and stress-free home ownership process.
At FinLocker, we are creating a revolutionary customer-centric company of talented, enthusiastic people who enjoy coming to work every day. Things move quickly at FinLocker and that means we have to be nimble. We look for people that love big challenges, welcome change and want to be part of an organization that is on the front line of how lenders interact with consumers. We keep sane working hours, while still taking care of business, and believe in being ourselves on and off the job.
FinLocker was founded by mortgage experts and is backed by Cultivation Capital, TransUnion and other investors. We are based in St. Louis, MO and have a satellite location in the near suburbs of Washington, DC.
About the role:
FinLocker is looking for a UI/UX product designer to create intuitive, engaging, and useful digital experiences for our target audience: aspiring and current homeowners. Our product sits at the intersection of the American Dream of homeownership, and the reality of a stressful, confusing, and opaque mortgage process. We are helping lead a wave of innovation in mortgage tech, capitalizing on a highly-experienced team of mortgage experts and a deep bench of partners and mortgage bank customers. You would be the design counterpart to our User Experience product squad which supported aspiring homeowners, help direct consumer research and understanding, and have an active voice in our product strategy overall.
This role reports to the Chief Product Officer and partners closely with our product lead for User Experience. Ability to co-locate periodically (by travel if needed) to the St. Louis and/or DC-area office is helpful but not required.
What you will do:
- Advocate for the customer and discover new ways of solving customer problems through human centered design methods, including: discovery, research, ideation, whiteboard sessions, and user testing
- Collaborate with the product, technology, and marketing teams to identify and understand both consumer problems and business needs
- Design and lead a customer research and user testing schedule for the User Experience product team with close collaboration with the product owners
- Take the lead in end-to-end product design, including:
- Create process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes for new features and updates, all in close partnership with product owners
- Design within existing – and creating new – standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Support effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
- Creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
- Actively participate in product planning with the product leads
- Proactively offer recommendation and solutions by championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Connect with design community peers in service of learning, sharing, and teaching
What you have:
- Professional experience as a designer for web applications and digital services
- Knowledge of designing for cross-channel experiences
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools, such as: Adobe Products, Sketch and/or Figma
- Strong collaboration skills
- Familiarity with working and contributing to an established design system (bonus points if you led in the initial development of the design system)
- Ability to show previous work that demonstrates creating digital experiences from conception to delivered product solutions
- Comfort designing for rapid tests (pencil sketches) as well as delivering zero-defect quality.
- Familiarity conducting efficient and targeted remote user tests
- Effective time management, knowledge management, and process organizational skills
- A “one team” approach to working with Tech and Product partners
Senior Software Engineer APPLY NOW
Our Senior software engineers are experienced employees who would usually take the lead in projects related to software development. They are in charge of determining the needs of the organization, checking whether there are feasible solutions to challenges, and creating plans for the development of a software solution.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer (SE) with experience in building solutions designed for the Cloud SaaS platforms. Our team leverages fundamental building blocks like Windows Azure and SQL Azure and various Microsoft cloud services to build next-generation financial services products to drive the FinLocker vision and business. Our customers and consumers expect our platform to work flawlessly and be there for them to use whenever they are needed.
You need to be passionate about availability, scalability, reliability, security. Ability to provide technical leadership on a high-performance development team building cloud services is critical. Experience working on financial services platform is highly beneficial. Deep expertise and demonstrated experience in .NET Core, SQL Azure, Azure DevOps & Xamerin required.