FinLocker is on a mission to create financially fit homeowners and digitally empowered lenders. Through our FinLocker app, we provide the tools and transparency for a streamlined and stress-free home ownership process.
At FinLocker, we are creating a revolutionary customer-centric company of talented, enthusiastic people who enjoy coming to work every day. Things move quickly at FinLocker and that means we have to be nimble. We look for people that love big challenges, welcome change and want to be part of an organization that is on the front line of how lenders interact with consumers. We keep sane working hours, while still taking care of business, and believe in being ourselves on and off the job.
FinLocker was founded by mortgage experts and is backed by Cultivation Capital, TransUnion and other investors. We are based in St. Louis, MO and have a satellite location in the near suburbs of Washington, DC; most of our team works remotely.
About the role:
We are looking for a UI/UX product designer to partner with us on a project-based consulting basis to create intuitive, engaging, and useful digital experiences for our target audience: aspiring and current homeowners. You would design mockups and support product development squads on UI/UX needs for some of our most important upcoming features.
This opportunity could be a great fit for someone seeking a flexible role for 1-2 months, with potential to extend beyond. Projects could start as soon as January 3, 2022.
This role reports to the SVP of Product and partner closely with our product and development team. The role is 100% remote.
What you will do:
- Support our end-to-end product design, including:
- Create process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes for new features and updates, all in close partnership with product owners
- Design within existing – and creating new – standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Support effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
- Creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
- Actively participate in product planning with the product leads
- Proactively offer recommendation and solutions by championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
What you have:
- Experience working on the design and architecture of consumer-facing mobile applications
- Experience designing white label applications for B2B2C business models. Including theming, customization strategy, and design.
- Proficiency in contemporary mobile design, developing deliverables such as wireframes, prototypes, personas, consumer-flows, maps, and high-fidelity design
- Experience working in Agile – ceremonies, sprint cadences and release cycles
- Strong portfolio showcasing mobile CX including, flows, user stories, wireframes, and prototypes, and launched products
- Knowledge of mobile development platforms like React, Xamarin, and/or Flutter
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, XD, Azure
- Experience with accessibility and analytics focused design practices and processes
- Familiarity conducting efficient and targeted remote user tests
- Experience using Google Analytics, Power BI or other industry analytics and reporting tools
- A “one team” approach to working with Tech and Product collaborators, and with other partners across the company
- Passion for designing and helping deliver products that users love
- As we are a US-based company, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
No recruiters please.