Meet the FinLocker leadership team
Our team includes experienced industry executives representing a diverse background in mortgage banking, technology, cybersecurity, consumer credit, real estate, mortgage legal & compliance, venture capital, data & software-as-a-service platforms.
Peter Esparrago / Co-Founder & CEOPeter has over 25 years of global technology and security leadership experience in a variety of industries including financial services. Peter is Co-Founder and General Partner of Cultivation Capital, a venture capital firm. Peter was on the Board of Directors for Scottrade, a leading brokerage and bank. He was CEO of IntraISP, a global BSS/OSS software-as-a-service, in which he grew and sold twice. He was President of two security companies, Cigital (software security) and Mycroft (identity & access management). Peter was COO of Ariel Research, an EH&S data-as-a-service, in which he helped grow and sell. Peter was President of RCIG, a holding company of 8 technology companies (data centers, cloud services, SaaS, ISP, WISP). Peter spent 16 years at Accenture, where he was a Partner.
Barry Sandweiss / Co-FounderBarry has over 20 years leadership experience in real estate and real estate finance. He was Co-Founder/COO of Lenders One, the largest mortgage banking cooperative in the U.S., in which he grew and sold. Barry was SVP and member of Global Leadership Team of Altisource Portfolio Solutions (ASPS), in which he helped grow market capitalization to $5+ billion via ASPS and spinouts of AAMC and RESI. He was Co-Founder of Community Lenders of America, a U.S. Bank/Mortgage Bank Advocacy Group. He is also Co-Founder of VidVerify, a mortgage video compliance company. Barry is also a General Partner at SixThirty (financial services accelerator) and Cultivation Capital (venture capital firm).
Tim Stern / Co-FounderTim has over 25 years leadership experience in real estate and real estate finance. He was Co-Founder/President of Lenders One, the largest mortgage banking cooperative in the U.S., in which he grew and sold. Tim was President of Origination Services, SVP and member of Global Leadership Team of Altisource Portfolio Solutions (real estate mortgage portfolio management and related technology products). He is also Co-Founder of VidVerify, a mortgage video compliance company. Tim is also a General Partner at SixThirty (financial services accelerator) and Cultivation Capital (venture capital firm).
Brian Vieaux / PresidentBrian has over 25 years bank lending and mortgage experience. He was SVP Third Party Originations, Wholesale & Correspondent Lending at Flagstar Bank. Brian was SVP at Aurora Bank; SVP at Indymac Bank; and National Sales Director at CitiMortgage.
Eric Bloomquist / Chief Product OfficerEric has over 24 years of mortgage banking experience. He was VP Product Management, Innovation, and Marketing at Equifax. Eric was SVP Global Mortgage Director at Citigroup. He also spent time as a Fannie Mae Product Manager, and Bank of America Banking Center Officer.
Bryan Garcia / CTOBryan has over 25 years technology and data leadership experience. He was CTO of Equifax, a global consumer, commercial, and workforce information solutions company. Bryan was SVP Technology of TALX, a workforce solutions company. He was part of the original team that developed and grew the widely used The Work Number product, now part of Equifax. He is also a General Partner and a senior mentor for SixThirty, a financial services accelerator.
Raj Sampath / VP Engineering
Bob Hoffman / VP Customer Success
Brian O’Reilly / Director
Jason Clark / Advisor
Paul Mullings / Advisor
Phil Bracken / Advisor
Kevin Peranio / Advisor
Ari Karen / Advisor
Become a Partner
At FinLocker one of our key strengths is building strong relationships with our business partners. If you are interested in partnering with us, we welcome you to fill out the form below, and we will get in touch with your organization.
Lenders One is an end-to-end marketplace for mortgage bankers to access the products and services that create opportunities to earn more revenue, cut costs and increase operational efficiency. At Lenders One, we empower members to expand their market knowledge through continuing education and structured networking opportunities. Lenders One celebrated its 15-year anniversary in 2015. The cooperative represents 18% of the 2014 originations market based on the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) Mortgage Finance Forecast.For more information, visit www.lendersone.com/
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) enables clients worldwide to create and deliver financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. For more than 30 years, Fiserv has been a trusted leader in financial services technology, helping clients achieve best-in-class results by driving quality and innovation in payments, processing services, risk and compliance, customer and channel management, and insights and optimization. Fiserv is a member of the FORTUNE® 500 and has been named among the FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies® for four consecutive years, ranking first in its category for innovation in 2016 and 2017.For more information, visit www.fiserv.com
Microsoft – Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.For more information, visit https://news.microsoft.com
Equifax powers the financial future of individuals and organizations around the world. Using the combined strength of unique trusted data, technology and innovative analytics, Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights and knowledge that helps its customers make informed decisions. The company organizes, assimilates and analyzes data on more than 820 million consumers and more than 91 million businesses worldwide, and its databases include employee data contributed from more than 5,000 employers.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., Equifax operates or has investments in 24 countries in North America, Central and South America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. It is a member of Standard & Poor’s (S&P) 500® Index, and its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. Equifax employs approximately 9,200 employees worldwide.
Some noteworthy achievements for the company include: Ranked 13 on the American Banker FinTech Forward list (2015); named a Top Technology Provider on the FinTech 100 list (2004-2015); named an InformationWeek Elite 100 Winner (2014-2015); named a Top Workplace by Atlanta Journal Constitution (2013-2015); named one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies (2011-2015); named one of Forbes’ World’s 100 Most Innovative Companies (2015).For more information, visit www.equifax.com
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and shorten the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency.
For more information, visit www.elliemae.com
DataVerify is the premier provider of risk mitigation, data validation, and decision management solutions for the mortgage industry. DataVerify harnesses advanced analytics and technology to create automated and configurable workflow and decision management solutions. Our highly responsive platform empowers lenders to make precise and consistent business decisions through an engine that identifies and measures hidden threats such as data integrity errors and misrepresentations, identity theft, and property and application risk. Engineered to offer optimal flexibility, the DataVerify platform (which incorporates 4506T, SSA, and employment and income verification) allows lenders to manage risks according to their institution’s tolerance level.For more information, visit www.dataverify.com
The Collingwood Group is a Washington, D.C.-based advisory firm. The team includes the former head of FHA, the former head of Ginnie Mae, and additional partners who have held senior leadership positions in HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and other major financial services organizations.For more information, visit www.collingwoodllc.com
Daugherty Business Solutions is a strategic management and technology consulting partner with a 30+ year history of delivering mission critical solutions to some of the world’s largest, most sophisticated companies. Daugherty’s deep industry expertise, world-class capabilities—including a talented team of over 1,000 consulting professionals—and break-through methods, techniques, and tools, have made us the ideal partner for companies seeking innovative solutions to ever changing business challenges.For more information, visit www.daugherty.com
Partners Credit & Verification Solutions, the go-to provider of credit-related services for thousands of mortgage brokers, bankers, credit unions and lender. Far more than just providing borrower credit data to the mortgage industry we offer a comprehensive suite of non-credit verification tools including Income, Employment, and Identification verification services.For more information, visit www.partnerscredit.com
Next Generation Video Communication Platform for the Mortgage, Banking, & Real Estate Markets.For more information, visit www.vidverify.com
NestReady – Founded in 2012, NestReady is a technology firm that uses integrated software platforms to create an end-to-end digital homebuying experience that positions lenders at the center of the journey. NestReady’s platforms allow financial institutions to provide a complete homebuying experience on their website and empowers each loan officer with their own home search engines. Its technologies use machine learning and AI to deliver insights and transparency related to the customer lifecycle and the lender’s portfolio. Through the use of predictive analytics models, mortgage lenders can use this data to take action in a timely manner.For more information, visit https://www.nestready.ai
CoreLogic – CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading global property information, analytics and data-enabled solutions provider. The Company’s combined data from public, contributory and proprietary sources includes over 4.5 billion records spanning more than 50 years, providing detailed coverage of property, mortgages and other encumbrances, consumer credit, tenancy, location, hazard risk and related performance information. The markets CoreLogic serves include real estate and mortgage finance, insurance, capital markets, and the public sector. CoreLogic delivers value to clients through unique data, analytics, workflow technology, advisory and managed solutions. Clients rely on CoreLogic to help identify and manage growth opportunities, improve performance and mitigate risk. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., CoreLogic operates in North America, Western Europe and Asia Pacific.For more information, visit https://investor.corelogic.com
Get Credit Health utilizes its proprietary operational methodologies and software platform to integrate with lenders and facilitate lead recapture. Developed for and by professionals with extensive mortgage industry experience, Get Credit Healthy’s platform is the leader in credit education and rehabilitation, having facilitated millions of dollars in new loan opportunities for lending institutions across the U.S.For more information, visit https://getcredithealthy.com/
America’s Homeowner Alliance, the first ever national advocacy and member benefits alliance representing the exclusive interest of homeowners and aspiring homeowners of America. Our mission is simple: To Protect and Promote Sustainable Homeownership for ALL Segments of America.For more information, visit https://www.myaha.com/
Be a Part of the FinLocker Team
Want to join the FinLocker team? We are creating a revolutionary customer-centric company of talented, enthusiastic people who enjoy coming to work every day. Things move quickly at FinLocker and that means we have to be nimble. We look for people that love big challenges, welcome change and want to be part of an organization that is on the front line of how lenders interact with consumers. We keep sane working hours, while still taking care of business, and believe in being ourselves on and off the job.
Our Core Values
Current Job Openings
The ideal candidate puts Customers first and has a passion for their success, has good communication skills, and a can-do mindset to drive product usage.
This is an internship position leading to a full-time position. The position is based in our Clayton (St. Louis) office. Our desired hours for this internship are 20 hours per week starting at 3 PM CST to 7 PM CST during the business work week. Note: We will be flexible based on the class schedule.
Successful team members in this role:
- Build knowledge of the FinLocker product(s) and Customers to drive
- Customer onboarding plans and successful engagements
- Become experts in our Consumer-based financial products, tools, and solutions such as Mobile and Web browser applications
- Are collaborators with good organization skills, across Customers, Product delivery, and support teams
- Has a drive to quickly solve problems including leveraging data findings and analytics to analyze issues and identify patterns of success
- Desire to define and track metrics and other measurable success criteria to help Customers be successful with their program usage of our Consumer Digital Financial Assistant.
- Has strong verbal and written communications skills to communicate directly with Customers to drive successful product usage
- Is self-motivated and able to quickly learn and adapt new processes
- Has a desire to help improve the product and is a continuous improvement based learning and adapting processes
Responsibilities / Required Experience
- Serve as the single point of contact for Customers once a contract is signed.
- Develop onboarding plans and lead training sessions and facilitate Customer on-boarding.
- Maintain consistent contact with Customer after on-boarding, ensuring successful product usage
- Produce, analyze, and share Customer metric data to drive Customer Success
- Capture and help prioritize Customer product enhancement and support needs
- Completed and/or Pursuing completion of a college degree program
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving by using a combination of information gathered from users, understanding of our product, learnings from prior experience, and cross-Customer troubleshooting
- Develop and continuously improve the on-boarding and training processes to ensure the greatest possible Customer success.
- Strong positive attitude and not easily fazed with difficult situations
- Good technical “hands-on” curiosity to learn, great communication skills and takes ownership for solving problems
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience in a work environment(s) interacting directly with Customers
- Experience with Data Analysis is a plus (e.g., Business Intelligence tools, knowledge of SQL, Excel).
- Experience in Agile practices is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with technical teams is a plus.
Data Scientist APPLY NOW
FinLocker is a leading financial data and analytics company. We focus on analyzing consumer financial data such as assets, income, employment, taxes, credit, liabilities, real estate and more. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the models and analyses for the function of a “virtual financial advisor” for the consumer.
Our office is located in Clayton, MO with remote employees throughout the US. This is a full-time position that will be based in our Clayton (St. Louis) office. Salary is competitive to relevant experience.
- 6+ years’ experience of applying machine learning techniques, optimization, and statistics to drive key decisions
- Extensive hands-on experience with development of predictive models and machine learning/AI-based solutions
- Solid programming skills in Python, R or similar data science language
- Advanced proficiency in data visualization
- Prefer financial services industry experience
- Prefer experience in CRM, financial analysis, financial advisory
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Data Science, or Statistics
- Be a United States citizen
We are looking for an exceptional Principal Software Engineer (SE) with experience in building solutions designed for the Cloud SaaS platforms. Our team leverages fundamental building blocks like Windows Azure and SQL Azure and various Microsoft cloud services to build next-generation financial services products to drive the FinLocker vision and business. Our customers and consumers expect our platform to work flawlessly and be there for them to use whenever they are needed. You must have experience in and enjoy building a platform from inception to a full production system including wearing hats as needed ranging from design and development to production deployment. You need to be passionate about availability, scalability, reliability, security. Ability to provide technical leadership on a high-performance development team building cloud services is critical. Experience working on a financial services platform is highly beneficial.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer (SE) with experience in building solutions designed for the Cloud SaaS platforms. Our team leverages fundamental building blocks like Windows Azure and SQL Azure and various Microsoft cloud services to build next-generation financial services products to drive the FinLocker vision and business. Our customers and consumers expect our platform to work flawlessly and be there for them to use whenever they are needed. You need to be passionate about availability, scalability, reliability, security. Ability to provide technical leadership on a high-performance development team building cloud services is critical. Experience working on financial services platform is highly beneficial.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with experience in building applications designed for the Cloud SaaS platforms. Our team leverages fundamental building blocks like Windows Azure, SQL Azure, and various other Microsoft cloud services to build next-generation financial services products to drive the FinLocker vision and business. Our customers and consumers expect our platform to work flawlessly and be there for them to use whenever they are. You need to be passionate about availability, scalability, reliability, security. If you have experience in developing responsive web applications, database services/applications, an extremely good grasp of software engineering principles, and strong problem-solving skills then come join us. Experience building high performance and scalable systems and troubleshooting skills are highly desirable.
FinLocker is looking for a Software Development Manager who will lead a team of developers to deliver the flagship consumer financial management locker product. Reporting to the VP of Software Engineering, the exceptional candidate possesses strong technical expertise acquired from recent hands-on experience, software architecture, coaching & mentoring skills, and can-do attitude. The highly visible position is ideal for ambitious individuals with passion for building a high-performing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Experience in leading and building Agile software development processes and teams
· Provide coaching, mentoring, and supporting developers to get their tasks done. Provide guidance for their career growth and personal development.
· Experience in building offshore development processes and managing offshore development teams including integration with on shore teams.
· Contribute to process improvement, institution, and adoption of engineering best practices.
· Oversee the design and implementation to support the overall architecture of the product.
· Plan releases in coordination with the product team and schedule development activities. Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks. Track and report progress of projects against key milestones. Balance resources with task assignments. Ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of the project.
· Facilitate formal design reviews
· Participate code reviews and ensure compliance with standards for development.
· Leverage expertise in Software development, frameworks, database schema, UI/UX and contribute to coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the application development process as needed.
· Perform root cause analysis, resolve/mitigate production issues, and identify permanent resolutions to production issues.
· Work with leadership, product manager, UX design, and other business stakeholders to help define features and projects.
· Support strategic planning for organizational growth with the Leadership team.
· Will require working outside of normal business hours.
Education and Experience
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in software development in the Microsoft technology stack, out of which 3 years managing a S/W development team
· Degree in computer science or comparable degree is highly preferred
· Understanding of software architectural principles is a must. Specifically, frameworks applied to deliver highly secure and scalable platform in a cloud environment is highly valued
· Experience with secure coding best practices and tools
· Require strong understanding of coding for high performance, large volume data sets, security & encryptions methods
· Demonstrated proficiency acquired from recent real-world experience in .NET, C#, Angular, Team Foundation Server (Azure Devops), Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, REST
· Experience acquired in building technology product in Azure/AWS cloud is highly desirable
· Experience in developing native mobile apps is an added plus
· Demonstrated success working within an Agile development environment. Experience with Agile Scrum is a positive
· Experience in automated CI\CD pipeline solutions
· Experience in FinTech, Mortgage, Loan Processing highly desired
FinLocker is a FinTech company seeking a Controller to join the team to support its significant growth needs.
– Oversee all company financial operational controls, processes, and procedures.
– Prepare, analyze, and issue monthly financial statements per GAAP.
– Prepare and analyze key operational metrics.
– Prepare analysis to improve company’s business outcomes and support its growth objectives.
– Review and execute client, service provider, and supplier contracts.
– Manage outsourced accounting functions.
– Prepare annual financial plans.
Education and Experience Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
– Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
– Experience in working for a tech or software company a plus
– Job will require Controller to be based out St. Louis, MO
Full-time job in St. Louis, MO
Pay: $80,000 – $110,000; benefits, stock options
FinLocker is looking for a strong Customer Solution Delivery Manager to deliver Customer Success outcomes through the delivery of timely implementations of FinLocker solutions for our Customers and Partners.
The position is based in our Clayton (St. Louis) office.
The ideal candidate is a servant leader who puts Customers first and has a passion for their success, has good communication skills, is detail oriented, and has a can-do mindset to deliver Customer Success solutions.
Successful team members in this role:
Enjoy being a trusted advocate and working with Customers to deliver Customer success and better than expected business outcomes.
Create and deliver timely joint Customer and FinLocker project solution outcomes including establishing upfront goals, planning, and on-time delivery.
Effectively communicate with all levels of Customers and FinLocker leadership including executives, business champions, Customer users, and Technology team members.
Proactively identify potential obstacles and roadblocks and develop mitigation plans to reduce risk and ensure Customer satisfaction
Define and utilize standard practices and process improvements to streamline and scale the implementation of FinLocker solutions
Grow team members and demonstrate exceptional teamwork and partnering.
FinLocker is a Customer centric leading financial data and analytics company. Our mission is to enable
people to achieve the dream of Homeownership and Financial Well-Being. Our Consumer Digital
Assistant is a secure, transactional personal financial management tool that aggregates a consumer’s
financial data and analyzes/recommends/streamlines mortgage and other financial transactions.
Consumers benefit from personalized recommendations, financial/mortgage education, credit
score/report/monitoring, cash flow analysis, budgeting, goal planning, data sharing and more. Lenders
utilize FinLocker to generate leads, cross-sell value add products, reduce costs, and create Customers for
We are looking for an outstanding Customer Solution Delivery Manager to manage and deliver
Customer Success FinLocker solutions and outcomes for our Customers and Partners. The position is
based in our Clayton (St. Louis) office.
The ideal candidate is a servant leader who puts Customers first and has a passion for their success, has
good Customer communication skills, is detail oriented, and has a can-do mindset to deliver on-time
Customer Success solutions.
Successful team members in this role:
• Enjoy being a trusted advocate and working with Customers to deliver Customer success and better
than expected business outcomes
• Create and deliver timely joint Customer and FinLocker project solution outcomes including
establishing upfront goals, planning and on-time delivery
• Effectively communicate with all levels of Customers and FinLocker leadership including executives,
business champions, Customer users, and Technology team members.
• Proactively identify potential obstacles and roadblocks and develop mitigation plans to reduce risk
and ensure Customer satisfaction
• Believe in continuous improvement and learnings by defining and utilizing standard practices and
process improvements to streamline and scale the rollout of FinLocker solutions
• Grow team members and demonstrate exceptional teamwork and partnering
Responsibilities / Required Experience
• Proven track record of leading and managing Customer rollout software projects including planning,
communication, and delivery of Customer solution results for based services contracted
• Exceptional Customer relationship and Customer management abilities including holding regular
meetings with all stakeholders to ensure open communications, track progress, and identify
potential risks and mitigations
• Open and accurate communication and reporting of Customer and Partner solutions to FinLocker
leadership including weekly status using Customer metric data and project milestones.
• Capture, prioritize and plan cross-Customer solution and integration needs to optimize crossCustomer synergies while balancing FinLocker development capacity
• Create customized implementation plans for Strategic Customers and Partners.
• Proactive identification and escalation of risks and creation mitigations plans to minimize the
2 | P a g e
• Implementation of B2B SaaS technologies for contracted Clients and their Customers including
working with cross-team FinLocker technical delivery teams to deliver timely solutions.
• Strong understanding of agile product delivery and software technology
• Strong written, verbal, and presentations communication skills including the creation of best
• Bachelor’s degree in BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or other
Related Work Experience
• At least 5 years project management experience
• At lead 5 years in a Customer facing implementation roles
• Experience at a large IT consulting firm is preferred
• Proven track record implementing software solutions for external Customers is preferred
• Financial and/or mortgage industry experience is a plus
• PMP – Certified Project Manager is desired