We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead a new product squad. As PM, you will lead the product vision and execution for our mobile-first experience that helps consumers become financially fit homeowners. Our product is available to consumers in private-labeled versions through our lender clients. We seek someone who is first and foremost, passionate about meeting consumer needs. To succeed with FinLocker, you will also be experienced in partnering closely with software developers and UX designers as one product team, highly organized, data-driven, impact-oriented, and excited to work in a flexible and independent startup environment. Comfort with remote working, pet-filled Teams calls, and pun-oriented jokes will help a lot.
This role reports to the SVP of Product, Andria Thomas. The role can be remote or located in one of our office locations (St. Louis, MO or McLean, VA outside Washington, DC.). If remote, ability to co-locate periodically (by travel if needed) to an office location is helpful but not required.
What you will do:
- Own the vision and roadmap for product goals, determining key initiatives to improve on those product metrics.
- Understand market needs and user pain points and craft product solutions to address them
- Document requirements for new product enhancements, collaborating closely with tech and design, and in partnership with other product managers as well as others (marketing, sales, partnerships, customer success) from concept to release.
- Work closely with tech to bring new product concepts to life, taking ownership for the end-to-end progression from ideation through to release, outcome tracking, and iteration.
- Define and measure product success
- Benchmark against the competition and client expectations
- Make evidence-based product decisions
- Contribute to our product culture by evangelizing lean development and user-centered approaches
What you have:
- Strong focus on understanding user needs and working to solve user problems
- Prior experience working as a product manager, ideally with a mobile consumer-facing product
- Highly collaborative work style in working across product, tech, design, and others
- Experience with Agile product management
- Confidence with analytics, and the ability to consistently make product decisions based on data
- Strategic thinking, including the ability to establish frameworks and generalize solutions
- Very good communications skills that you can tailor for executive and technical audiences
- Comfort working in a flexible and entrepreneurial work environment, where people, plans, and processes may all change quickly as we seek to improve what we do and how we do it